Thursday 26 February 2015

Birthday Bicycle

So, those cards I destroyed and didn't get started the other evening, I finally made them on Sunday night once the kiddies were in bed! Yay! This one is for a friend whose birthday is this week. I think it suits her because she's literary and we met at library school.



I started with an A6 pre-cut card and cut a piece of backing paper slightly smaller from Dovecraft Curiosity Corner 6"x6" paper and stuck it to the card front with double sided tape, leaving a small white border. I then layered up a couple of strips of Bazzill card in matching colours - I love the muted greens and browns I found in my mini stash - onto the backing paper with some tacky glue - I'm still getting to grips with what glue I like and I like this, but I think it made the card a bit wet and it warped slightly. I then stamped the bicycle from the Good Times collection from Clearly Besotted onto the die cut bicycle using Ranger Archival ink in jet black (that was a pain to clean off!). I'd cut the die out ages ago onto some cream Bazzill I had to try it out and it came in very handy. I attached it to the card front with some foam pads. I then stamped the sentiment onto some Bazzill card stock and rounded the ends using the reverse punch on the WRMK envelope punch board - that's come in very handy indeed! - and affixed to the front with foam pads.

Still haven't had a verdict from my friend, but my husband gave it a big thumbs up!

2 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Love this! Great colours!

Ruth said...

Thank you! And they were just some leftover bits of card!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns