Tuesday 10 March 2015

Hang in there

Hello again. Here is card number three from my crafting mania of Thursday morning. I really enjoyed making this one. It's just stamping with a bit of colouring. I'm definitely realising that I prefer Clean And Simple (CAS) cards.


Monkey here is from a Mama Elephant stamp set called Up and Away that I purchased from Make the Day Special. Golly, they have some lovely things. I was good and only bought this set, but I was sorely tempted to buy so much more!

I started by using my three Derwent Inktense Pencils (Hot Red, Sun Yellow and Lagoon) to create a nice rainbow of colours. Once dry, I stamped the balloon onto it using Jet Black Ranger Archival Ink and cut out the balloons and not the string with my Tonic fine control scissors. I then stamped the balloons onto the card with the archival ink and the monkey (and its tail which is separate!), holding onto the strings, in Memento Tuxedo Black. I stamped one of the sentiments from the set and then using foam pads added the coloured balloons. It looked a bit plain despite the balloons, so I coloured in the monkey using some of my new Derwent Artists pencils (they were cheaper in the shop!). I know a lot of you use pens (Spectrum, Copic, Promarkers), but I have a fondness for pencils at the moment.

I really like it and I think I'll use this set again and again. 

Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, a stunning creation today, hugs Pops x x x

Ruth said...

Thank you! Have had a bit of a lull in card making of late - two under 5s and crafting don't really mix!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns