Saturday 12 September 2015

A whole lot of Thanks with Mama Elephant

Hello again, Crafty Friends. So in my last post I mentioned I had been quite busy, but didn't want to post the cards until they'd got to their intended recipients. I'm fairly confident that Royal Mail will have now delivered them, so I'm free to write them up :)

The stamp set I've used, or over used since I can't seem to put it down, is the new Heartfelt Wishes set from Mama Elephant. I absolutely love it and it seemed appropriate to use it to make some cards to send some of the lovely people I've met over the past few months online - and also in person! 

I've been amazed at how kind and friendly crafty people are. I've received so many positive words, informative emails, and extremely kind gifts. I couldn't let all that kindness go unnoticed, so these cards went off with some little gifts. I enjoyed doing it so much, I plan to send some more over the next few weeks!!

First up were these cards using Spectrum Aquas and heat embossing, with some of those lovely sequins from Lucy's Cards


I had a lot of fun deciding on the colours to use and then sploshing them around on the water colour cardstock. I always use dry card stock, scribble the colours on an acrylic block, then pick up the colour with my waterbrush and drop it onto the card. I used Sunflower, Yellow, Gold and Purple, Wildflower and Heather. Once dry, I then splatter the piece with water and dab off with a kitchen towel to add a little bit of interest.

 
I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with some embossing powder and heat set it. I added a second sentiment underneath in archival ink, then attached some coloured card to the front of my card blank finally placing the water colour panel on top with some fun foam.




I then added the sequins with some Multi Medium Matte.

 
I'm really pleased with the results and hope the recipients liked them too. I can tell this is going to be a well used stamp set!











Thank you so much for reading, and for all your positive comments on my blog. It really makes me smile - so another Thanks to you all! Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Aileen said...

Wow love these watercolours. Didnt realise you had the spectrums, are you enjoying them? Are they refillable? Those two cards side by side look so noce together. Good to see you getting crafty time, always good when the kidlets cooperate. Cant wait to see more.

Leigh Penner said...

I love these, Ruth!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns