Monday 5 October 2015

Every Leaf Speaks Bliss to Me

Morning Crafty Colouring People - and other interested readers! Well it's back to normal here in Yorkshire. Wild, wet and windy. Finally feels a bit like Autumn here, so I took the opportunity to play around with the other stamp set I got from September's Clearly Besotted release. Don't forget, tonight's the night - my alarm is set for 10pm and my little finger will be hovering. Michelle will have a release video later on today, so you'll get a real flavour of them before you buy.

So for my first couple of cards I tried using a black background - I think the results are interesting...

With my first, I used my Versa Magic inks that I rediscovered. I love them, but I'm not sure they are great on such a dark background. The white isn't as crisp and clean as I'd like it to be.


With my second I tried heat embossing and it definitely stands out much more - my husband preferred this one!


And for my final card, I cracked out my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, which if you've read this blog for a while, or followed me on Instagram, you know I'm not that keen on. I'm still not that keen on them, but they will be handy to have and play around with every now and again. 

I took some watercolour card and heat embossed the sentiment onto it, then played around with three of the colours - was hoping they'd be brighter, but it was quite subtle.


When it was dry, I simply cut it out with my Memory Box stitched rectangle die and adhered it to a white card blank, adding some sequins and sparkles from Lucy's Cards.


[Supplies: Clearly Besotted In Stitches: Autumn; Black cardstock; VersaMagic Dew Drops - Cloud White, Red Magic, Thatched Straw, Hint of Pesto;Versa Mark Ink Pad; WOW! Bright White and Clear Embossing Powder; WOW! Gold Embossing Glitter; Heat Tool; Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers; Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock; Little Things from Lucy's Cards - Gilded Rose; Memory Box Stitched Rectangle; Double Sided Tape; Hobbycraft Premium A4 Cardstock 300gsm]

And in other news, I discovered through Liz McGuire that I was Star Letter in the latest issue of Papercraft Essentials (issue 125). I wrote to them after my post on those Mini Christmas Milk Cartons, because I wanted to pass on how much I loved it and because I get quite a bit of information and advice from magazines. I hadn't heard back from them and pretty much forgotten about it. Apparently there is a prize to go with it of some crafty things...... It would explain why I had quite a lot of hits on my blog the other week - way more than usual!!

So I hope you're all having a go at the 30 Day Colouring Challenge and I'll be back later in the week with how I get on with my Copic Class.

Thank you all so much for reading and all the wonderful comments you leave - I love this crafty place!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Great cards Ruth :)
Kate xx

Stephanie said...

I love your cards!! That quote stamp is beautiful and I love the look on black using several colors of embossing powder. And how cool!!! You were in a magazine. That is so awesome :D

Marika said...

Wow! I really love the White Heat Embossed Sentiment! Your hubby has a good taste! ;)

Pop's Cards said...

I love all 3 of them but my fave is the last one so soft and light and pretty hugs Pops x

CraftyTime4U said...

Wow, you're in a roll girl! Great work, I am so glad to visit you blog and I would like to thank you for your support, have a lovely day!

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, gorgeous cards. The heat embossing makes quite a difference.

Liz x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns