Wednesday 20 January 2016

Craft Room Update - More storage and another card

Hello! Welcome back :) Glorious sunshine outside and beautifully crisp and frosty. But you didn't come here to discuss the weather, you wanted to know (I hope!) what I've been up to crafty wise. 

Well, deep down I knew that when I moved the craft desk into it's new space, the reorganisation and sorting out would tail off a little. I was right. Having things closer to hand meant I could get crafty easier. But, it's not all forgotten, and I have added in a little IKEA Trofast Unit to my craft space. It's designed as children's storage but it is flexible enough to be used with plastic tubs and also shelves. I've decided to go with it rather than the Alex drawers, because if I find I have to move to another space in the house sooner than expected, I can move this to the children's room without any trouble and it will have another use. We have to be quite flexible with space around here, as there isn't a lot of it!

  
I've not quite decided what will go into it yet as I've another large bookcase full of stamps and other crafty things that I need to go through and move, but the space is coming along nicely. More sorting next week I hope!

I have another card to share using those highly versatile Sugar Pea Designs I got before Christmas. I managed to use quite a few new things on this card!


I stamped the little bird (it's a calling bird, you get it??) onto some Neenah Solar White 110lb and coloured it in with some Copics. I then cut it out using one of my SSS stitched circle dies. I then stamped the CB Hello in Altenew Ocean Waves and die cut it out using the matching die - sensibly I bought this one!. 


I then took a grey card base and rounded the corners with my WRMK Corner Chomper 1/2" and adhered the bird, then the Hello on top and stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Smokey Grey. I added a few enamel dots for effect.


[Supplies: Sugar Pea Designs Every Day is Christmas; Clearly Besotted Congrats to You stamp and die; Copic Markers; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb; Simon Says Stamp Shapes with Stitches; Altenew Cool Summer Nights; VersaFine Smokey Grey; WRMK Corner Chomper; Echo Park Enamel Dots Hello Winter; Double Sided Tape; Ranger Multi Medium Matte]

Simple yet effective, don't you think?

Thank you so much for your lovely comments as always. I hope to be back soon with more cards and more craft room updates.

Enjoy the rest of the week :)

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

CA-UTE! I just love bird cards and he makes me smile! Good for you buying the die too - sometimes you just need to do it :)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh what a sweet little bird! Your craft area is coming on great! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Michelle Short said...

Such a cute card, I love it! I love the blue of the bird and sentiment with the grey. Love your new storage unit too xx

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the blue on grey! Creating good storage is hard don't you think? I'm still experimenting too! Xx

Aileen said...

Very pretty card, love the 'calling bird', the sentiment works perfectly with it. Love that idea of curving the corners on the card, I think it gives a lovely finish and yet I forget to do it every time. The colours you used all worked perfectly together.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cute your little calling bird! Your craft room is coming along nicely!

Steph LC said...

Your card is very cute, i like the mobile phone! I love altenew products too ;)
I like this unit/ drawers as an alternative to the alex drawers. :)

LaurieC said...

Ruth, this card is fantastic!!! The colouring, the layout, everything is just awesome!!! Glad to see things are coming together in your craft room! I think it's smart the way you're purchasing storage that would fit into any space. Can't wait to see your next creation!!! Hugs to you, my friend xx

Darnell said...

Awesome update, Ruth! That unit looks like it will be very versatile and I share your excitement at getting everything the way you want it! Your card is absolutely darling! Is that bird tweeting????? Seriously, so adorable the way you have designed it and kept it so crisp and clean and scrummy!! Hugs, Darnell

Liz McGuire, said...

Hey Ruth, hope you are well. The crafty space is coming along a treat. Your card is brill'.

Liz x

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card, Ruth!

Missy Pink said...

What splendid design, so bright and totally fresh..so cool!! I am loving seeing your craft room too!! xx Missy Pink xx

Blog design by aleelilydesigns