Tuesday 23 February 2016

Sending Sunshine - WPlus9 - Seven Hills Crafts February Challenge

Hello Again! It's been glorious sunshine here for a couple of days and it's set to continue. It always boosts my mood when it's sunny, and as I saw that Seven Hills Crafts February Challenge was coming to an end, I thought I'd give it a go. It's all about fancy folds, so I'm not entirely sure this quite fits, but it has more than one fold (there's two!) and for me it's quite fancy..... yeah, pushing it I know, because there are some stunning cards on there.

I used my new Sunshine Layers Die from WPlus9. I've seen it used on various blogs, but it was an article in Simply Cards and Papercraft 145 by Kim Dellow that really made me think it was time to buy it.



i started by die cutting lots of little bits - clouds, raindrops, rainbow, sun, the word sunshine - using various Lawn Fawn papers - scraps from my Let's Polka 6x6 paper pad  and also my new Lawn Fawn paper that I bought last week. It is very nice - some lovely colours (I bought the rainbow pack to try it out) - and nice and thick, and of course, 8.5 x 11 inches so it will make two proper A2 cards. It isn't cheap, but then it's good quality. I think I will invest in some of the other paper packs in future.


I then cut a piece of white card to 4.25 x 11 inches and scored it at 2.75 inches from each end so it would fold and open from the middle.

I took my Mama Elephant Cloud Border die and used it to cut the corner of each front piece, to make it look like clouds.

The inside was cut with the main scalloped die and I die cut the sun and the word out from a piece of light blue paper (so it looked like the sky!). I then die cut several more suns and sunshines and glued them together before placing back into the panel, now attached to the inside of the card. Gives it some added depth.



I die cut another rainbow from white card and glued the different strips of colour onto it, then glued a cloud to each side. I glued the right hand side of the rainbow to the card panel, but have left the other side attached with blue tack at present until I can find a way to temporarily stick it but allow it to be opened too. The tiny drops were then attached with some Ranger Multi Medium Matte.



The sentiment is from another stamp set and thought it fitted well.



[Supplies: WPlus9 Sunshine Layers; Mama Elephant Landscape Trio Creative Cuts; My Favorite Things Sunflower Sweetheart; Lawn Fawn Let's Polka 6x6 Paper Pad; Lawn Fawn Rainbow Cardstock; Papermania Capsule 6x6 Paper Pack; Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Multi Medium Matte; Double Sided Tape]

Thank you so much for reading and for all your lovely comments - enjoy the rest of your week and hope it's good!

14 comments:

LaurieC said...

Fabulous card!! So creative!! Love seeing your die cutting creations!! Now I'm off to watch you craft room tour...SO excited to hear your voice!!!!

kim @thisthatandthewholekaboodle.com said...

Great card!!! I love it!!!

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card, I love this! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a cool card Ruth my friend and I certainly think it qualifies as a 'fancy fold' . . . very clever indeed! I LOVE my WPlus9 'Sunshine Layers' set and use the scalloped rectangle the most - such a versatile set! Have a lovely day, sun shining down here too (SW) for a change! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa T said...

Lovely card, so well thought through and love the paper piecing element to it!

Jenny said...

Your card definitely fits our challenge Ruth.. I love it. Great set to use on a gatefold card. Let's hope it encourages the sunny weather to stay :) Thanks for playing along with us at Seven Hills Crafts this month :)
Jenny X

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those card often look so cheesy, but yours is fabulous! Fresh and modern, just the way I like it!!!

Claire said...

Lovely card, what a fab idea!

Aileen said...

Wow fantastic card, love these cards that are done differently. On my list of maybe one days. Brilliant die cutting and fantastic card.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Ruth, and it rocks the challenge let alone fits it :) love how pretty the colours are, made me smile! Thanks so much for playing along xxx

maria f. said...

This is such a cool card and I love how you've embellished it.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet and fun! I love it!

Kim Dellow said...

Absolutely gorgeous Ruth! I just love the card. So glad I made you buy the die set ;) it was definitely worth it LOL! Kx

Keren Baker said...

Oh I really love this! Gorgeous rainbow and a clever idea! Thanks for joining with the Seven Hills Craft Challenge xx

Blog design by aleelilydesigns