Tuesday 4 July 2017

Flower Challenge #10 - Embossing heat/dry

Hello and welcome back to another challenge here at The Flower Challenge. This month we are focussing on embossing - either heat or dry.


If you watched my last haul video, you'll have heard me mention my friend Lisa who loves stencils and is giving me a healthy interest in them. She once told me that you can emboss with them, and so I decided to give that a try.


It works amazingly well. You may need to play around with whether or not you need an extra shim so that it embosses all over. I find my machine and the rubber mat I use occassionally needs one depending on the stencil. This was a freebie from a recent Simply Cards and Papercraft.

I kept the stencil over the embossed piece and used my new Inkylicious ink dusters to add a light coating of some purple and green Altenew inks over the embossed area. It gives a nice light touch of colour.


I then added some sequins for a little bit of sparkle..... OK, no I made a boo boo with a bit of the card as the stencil had some sticky glue on the back I never noticed and it transferred to the card. Sequins hide a multitude of sins.

I added three layers of my new MFT scalloped frame die to the outside. I couldn't decide on a sentiment at all, and so I just left it blank.


As usual, you have until 25th of the month to link up, and I'll be back on 15th with some more embossing. Happy crafting everyone!

9 comments:

Cara said...

Love how pretty and delicate this card is x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well Ruth, your "sins" look beautiful and they are a lovely addition to this beautiful card. I didn't know you can emboss with stencils, this is something I need to explore.
Love the softness of the colors you added to your Hydrangea, and the fabulous frame around it.
Hugs,
Maria.

Lisa T said...

It's another wonderful thing to do with stencils isn't it? They are so versatile. And leaving the stencil on the panel whilst colouring makes it so much easier to control. This is very pretty, beautiful soft colours, love the light feel to it and actually I can see why you couldn't decide on a sentiment, you wouldn't want to cover the image. And I definitely would have got green in the bits that should be pink and vice versa. Looks fab! You will use those frames a lot, I can promise you! And thank you for the shout out 😃😘😘

Rachel Vass said...

Lovely card Ruth, I will need to try embossing with a stencil - great idea.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and soft looking Ruth...fun times with great results mf.
xx Karen

Steph LC said...

Only 6 sequins can't be that many sins :-) very pretty image and nice soft colours xx

Viv said...

Another fab card here Ruth! great idea to use a stencil to do the embossing,such a clever idea.Loving those pretty flowers too ;) hugs Viv xx

TaeEun said...

Dry embossing using a stencil is one of the techniques I want to try sometime! The added texture to the stenciled image looks fabulous! A beautiful inspiration card, Ruth!

maria f. said...

What a perfect stencil for this technique. I love how soft and delicate you kept the flowers, Ruth. Still haven't done any flower embossing to join you though I had every intention...

Blog design by aleelilydesigns