Saturday 15 July 2017

Flower Challenge #10 - Reminder - Embossing heat/dry

Gosh, where does the time go? Here we are at the half way mark of this month's Flower Challenge which is all about Embossing heat or dry. 

 

 This time I went with heat embossing:


This was pretty simple, just heat embossing with some Versamark and Bright White Wow! Embossing powder onto some watercolour cardstock. I then spent a very happy hour colouring with my Inktense Pencils. I forgot how much I love them! After a blob incident, I decided to fussy cut it out and just place it onto a dark background onto a white A2 card base.

You can watch the video here, or over on my YouTube channel.






Don't forget, you have until 25th to enter. Happy flowery crafting everyone!

7 comments:

Michelle Short said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours together xx

Marianne said...

Great save, and a great incentive to use my Inktensive pencils again (even if I only have a small set lol). Thanks also for the flower challenge reminder. I have two almost finished cards that would fit this month's theme.
Hugs, Marianne

Cara said...

Your terminology "blob incident " made me laugh although I bet you swore at the time! I love how fussy cutting can rescue things. Gorgeous card x

Viv said...

Great water colouring here Ruth and love that stamp of course too. Yes I did watch the video too, awesome! hugs Viv xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful....such pretty colours and great fussy cutting too.
xx Karen

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Ruth: Now you taught me a new technique, I've never water color with pencils, always rely on my markers but this is just lovely, it's fabulous how the raised lines of the embossed image keep your colors where you want them. Great "blob" save with the fussy cutting.
Hugs,
Maria.

Darnell said...

Your video was quite mesmerizing, Ruth, and very satisfying watching the blooms develop! I've forgotten all about watercoloring with pencils, so thank you for this beautiful inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Blog design by aleelilydesigns