Saturday 22 July 2017

Follow Your Dreams - Schoenberg and Clearly Besotted Stamps

Hello Everyone! How are you all? Can you believe it's almost time for another Clearly Besotted release already? I do appreciate them quarterly now though, as I actually get the chance to play with the ones I bought in the last release before the new one comes along.

I made this card at around 5am one morning when I really could not sleep and my head was swimming with a million and one things, so the best thing to do was to go and craft.


This is a card I've been thinking about since my stamp sets arrived and it finally made it onto paper, or card for that matter. It's inspired by one of my favourite pieces of music, Verklarte Nacht by Schoenberg. I've taken a bit of a liberty as it's a string quartet, so no flute, but they worked so well together I couldn't not have them.

I started by stamping the two figures onto Copic friendly card stock and then masking them off with masking paper before stamping the tree background on top. I love the magic of removing the masking paper!! I then coloured them with Copic markers, using three yellows for the moon shining through the trees. 


I die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp and adhered it to a white card blank with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment on the bottom with VersaFine Onyx Black.

Thank you so much for visiting me today, and for all your comments. Happy shopping when the time comes ;)

6 comments:

Aileen said...

Ohh Ruth this is so cute. I love your little cuties playing their instruments in the moonlight, fabulous colouring, wonderful card.

LaurieC said...

Early morning crafting really works for you!! This is adorable!!

Lisa T said...

Awwwww this is very cute, I love these two little critters in the wood playing away to their hearts content. The magic of masking never leaves you even though I consider it to be the maths of cardmaking ha ha. Your colouring on the critters is really lovely and it's an adorable little scene. I love how you buy stamps and create cards with an idea or more in mind, I never do that, I buy and then sit there wondering what next?! xx

Cara said...

This is so sweet and love your inspiration behind it. Great idea to craft to clear your head, hope you are getting some better sleep now x

Viv said...

Aww such cute little creatures Ruth, love them..and love your beautiful card of course too ;) hugs Viv xx

Steph LC said...

It's a really cute card and even cuter as I Know you love classical Music (and vintage movies :-p) xx

Blog design by aleelilydesigns