Friday 4 August 2017

Flower Challenge #11 - Focus on background stamping

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to another Flower Challenge. This time we are focussing on background stamping. I confess that when I make cards, I often see the background, well as background, so it was refreshing to try to put it in the limelight.



I must apologise because the photographs are quite bleached out owing to the sun - shouldn't complain, should I!

As you can see, I made two very similar cards using the WPlus9 DoodleBuds stamp set. The first is done with Hero Arts Soft Pool ink on a light blue card base, the other is the same ink on Neenah.

I simply stamped all the different stamps from the set across each card panel, fitting them in as well as I could. I was really pleased with the result. 



With the tone on tone card, I originally embossed the word 'blessed', but it looked odd, so I added the black die cut on top with the additional words embossed on a piece of the same cardstock. I did the same with the other card.



You have until 25th as usual to link up your project and I hope that you've got some inspiration from myself and the rest of the fabulous Design Team. Happy crafting!

8 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love both of them Ruth and I think your photos are great! Love the subtle, tone on tone stamping! Have a great evening! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Aileen said...

Ruth, two more fabulous cards, I am so loving all the use you are getting out of this stamp set and cant wait to get mine out and CASE you. You are so showcasing this flower set like I did that die. Both cards looks brilliant and such easy backgrounds, love em.

Cara said...

These look brilliant, love the two different tones of blue you created x

Lisa T said...

These are pretty, love the soft pool colour you picked. I rarely do tone on tone, I must try it out more, it's subtle but very effective! It's a great set for backgrounds as the images are a good size - I did mine with gold embossing and also a copic coloured one. The possibilities are endless with Doodle Buds :-). Sometimes I find just stamping can be really therapeutic - going to look at my sets more to see what I csn do with them for backgrounds. Hugs, Lisa xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty with the subtle background

Viv said...

Great cards here Ruth, love the subtle background stamping, it really makes the sentiment stand out so well.Must make a note and remember that ;) hugs Viv xx

TaeEun said...

So Simple yet a very pretty design!!! It looks CAS even with the background pattern thanks to the tone on tone design and soft color you used ! Love the bold black sentiment! Great cards, Ruth!

Liz McGuire, said...

Totally gorgeous. Must try to do this background thing more!

You asked about my background - that was just patterned paper!!

Liz x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns