Tuesday 15 August 2017

Flower Challenge #11 - Reminder - Focus on Background Stamping

Hello Everyone! I am enjoying seeing all your fabulous cards for our 11th challenge. How quickly the time has gone! You still have time to join in this month. As usual the challenge ends on 25th of the month.


This card uses lots of those little stamps that you get in sets and often ignore - well I know I do. I won this set on an Instagram giveaway from the very lovely Rowena. If you don't know her stuff, please do check her feed out. She is very talented! 


I started by picking three of the tiny little stamps in the set and stamping them in a fairly random organised manner on a panel of Copic friendly paper. I tried pretty successfully to avoid the same stamps next to each other!

I coloured them in with very basic Copic colouring - either one or at most two colours. I then cut out the panel with my WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die.



I decided I needed to colour the Big Bear and Bird and give him a flower to hold. I used Kathy Racoosin's rag technique with colourless blender to give him some texture for fur.

Again no sentiment - I just can't seem to think of them at all!



Looking forward to seeing what you create. Happy crafting everyone!

10 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What an adorable card Ruth! Great colouring! Have a great day my friend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Cara said...

The scalloped edge to the background really makes this card. I do love this stamp set and you've used it beautifully x

Karen Dunbrook said...

such an adorable card mf....sure made me smile!!
xx Karen

LaurieC said...


This is so incredibly pretty, Ruth! Your colouring is fabulous!! Xx

Darnell said...

Some cards just don't need sediments, Ruth, and this is one! You did an excellent job of making your background flower paper! In the first photo it looks like the flower pot is upside down on the little birdie who is standing on the bear's head! I saw in the next photo that it snot really on his head, but that would have been so "you" to have done that, haha! And the bear holding that potted flower could NOT be any cuter!! Hugs, Darnell

TaeEun said...

Your background is perfectly balanced and looks like a patterned paper, Ruth!!! Love the texture on the bear!

Viv said...

This is such beautiful card Ruth, love the pretty flowers but that sweet bear and birdie on it's head is just sooo cute ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa T said...

Love this sweet and pretty card Ruth! The flower background is lovely, Darnell is right it's like a very pretty patterned paper. I really don't look at my small stamps at all, but it just shows what can be done with them. The bear is coloured beautifully and the rag technique makes a great texture on him. I must use my sumshine layers panel more. Same old story! Lisa xx

aussie aNNie said...

I love this Ruth, and as I said on the challenge blog it has given me inspiration to use these small stamps a blogger sent me, I did wonder what I would do with them. Thanks heaps and in fact they almost look the same.xx I am now following you.xx [aNNie]

Michelle W said...

Your card is adorable and so pretty!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns