Friday 15 September 2017

Flower Challenge #12 - Reminder - Tic Tac Toe

Here we are again, the half way point in this month's Flower Challenge - Tic Tac Toe.



 
This time I've gone with the bottom line - White, Die Cuts and Colour. I found that I have a few flower dies that I've received with my magazine subscription to Simply Cards and Papercraft. This is an old Build-A-Flower type die where you get the different elements and stick them together to make a flower.

 
I found some scraps of blue Bazzill paper in my scraps box and managed to get all the petals for two flowers out of it, and some scraps of yellow and black made the stamens and centre. I bent the petals slightly before sticking them together to give them a bit more life.


I took an A2 (US) white card base and found a scrap stitched frame in my scrap box and attached it to the base with some foam tape. I also used some little bits of foam tape to attach the flowers. I applied clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to the flowers and then some glossy accents to the centres. It is super shiny! A simple sentiment in the bottom corner finished it off.


See that shimmer! You have as always until 25th to get your cards up and enter. Happy Crafting and thank you for visiting me today. And look out for next month's challenge - we have quite a special anniversary challenge!

5 comments:

Viv said...

Loving this CAS card Ruth, the blue flowers are lovely (so clever) and I can see that great shimmer too. Hope the house move goes smoothly too ;) hugs Viv xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a fun and happy card Ruth...it looks like the flower petals have such a great texture to them as well.
xx Karen

Lisa T said...

Pretty card Ruth! You do so well at using your stuff from the magazines, I rarely used mine and just ended my subscriptions in the end. But this is definitely a useful little die to have in your stash! (But then we stay that about most things don't we?). Love the added shimmer and gloss and the turned up leaves give it some really nice dimension. And don't you just LOVE using the scraps - well I do anyway! Thanks for sharing xxx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ruth, love this layout, placing the flowers on the corners like this make them shine individually.
And I agree, they have truly lovely texture. Love their centers too.
Fab card.
Hugs,
Maria.

Cara said...

I love that shade of blue and your great design x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns