Monday 4 September 2017

Flower Challenge #12 - Tic Tac Toe

Hello Everyone, I hope you've all had a great summer holiday. School starts again this week, so no doubt the weather will get nice and sunny ;)

It's time for another Flower Challenge - can you believe we are on number 12?? This month we have a Tic Tac Toe board for you to pick from (Noughts and Crosses for those in the UK who don't know).


And here is the board you have to choose from. You can pick a line, across, down or diagonally.

 I've gone with the middle line - Gems, Watercolour and CAS


I started with some watercolour card and heat embossed my image (Create A Smile Stamps) in clear gloss embossing powder. I usually use white but I've seen Michelle Short use a lot of clear and I loved the look so gave it a go.

I then got out my Gansai Tambi Pearl Watercolours and coloured in my image.


These paints are so creamy and so shiny too! I love how it turned out. I found I had a mask of the flower so covered it up and then added some less watered down paint to make brighter splatters.

I then cut the panel down and used lots of foam tape to attach it to my A2 (US) card panel and then stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black. A few gems from my stash in matching colours finished it off.



You have until 25th of the month to enter and I'll be back on the 15th with another post to remind you all again. Hope you are all having a great day. Thank you so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my, this is beautiful. Love the light touch of the colouring, Liz x

Cara said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, love the delicate watercolouring x

Marianne said...

Very pretty. Love how the background is feathering out. Just read the news that you are joining The Card Concept crew. Congrats!
I also intended to let you know I'm finally on IG, but you already know. ;-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card! Hey I came looking for your annuncement of yet another tesm! Good for you and CONGRSTS!

Lisa T said...

Oooh this is very pretty Ruth! Firstly I love the flower hanging off the side of panel, always a nice design touch. The colours are beautiful, love the look of those paints. I just know I am going to cave at some point! And the little splatters are the perfect finishing touch. It reminds me of seeds blowing from the flower into the wind. Gorgeous! Xx

Darnell said...

This is heavenly, Ruth! Your painting is so fine and so perfect on that flower! (Excellent tip to use clear e/p!) And that beautiful background wash would make this a great entry in the CAS Mix Up challenge for September!! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

very pretty card mf...love how you offset the flower to the side. The pink is so summery, I'm sad to see summer go.
xx Karen

Viv said...

Such a soft and pretty floral creation Ruth mf. Love how you did the flower in those creamy pearly shades. I have just bought some of those yummy paints and still experimenting as yet ;) hugs Viv xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ruth, I love the soft color wash you created for this lovely flower, I always admire this technique but can't master it yet like you did on this beautiful card.
The soft pink of the flower really stands out on this fabulous background. Love the splatters, what a great detail.
Hugs,
Maria.

TaeEun said...

I love the Gansai Tambi Pearl colors too! The soft colors on your card and the matching gems are so beautiful and shiny!!!

Blog design by aleelilydesigns