Wednesday 15 November 2017

Card Concept #82 & Magazine Makes #8

Well, there's no let up from me with the Christmas cards, I just can't seem to stop, and this fortnight's Card Concept Challenge #82 Retro Holiday is the inspiration for this one.


When I saw the inspiration photo, all I saw was pink and silver and sparkle, so this card is definitely going all out with that.


I saw one of Justine Hovey's videos a while back showing how to make this layered card. I've used a beautiful stamp that came with Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 169 and some seriously sparkly sticky backed paper which I stuck on top of some white card stock. The embossing is in some Papermania silver on MFT black cardstock.
 


I hope this gives you some inspiration to play along and join in and get even more Christmas cards made :)

Happy Crafting one and all!

4 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Sparkly indeed Ruth and I guess you could do a similar style with a die-cut inlay technique to keep it flat for posting too! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

LaurieC said...

Incredible! The layers and the shine are just beautiful!

Lisa T said...

I saw exactly the same as you when I saw the concept photo. And you are absolutely right you card captures all of those elements beautifully. That stamp is really lovely - particularly pretty in silver. And I love the bright colours of the frames. Lovely card Ruth! Lisa xx

Cara said...

Love the bling on this card x

Blog design by aleelilydesigns